- There is a Problem!
- The Problem is called Sin. Every person who has ever lived (except Jesus) has sinned. Sin is anything we do that goes against what God says is right in the Bible.
Romans 3:22-23 (NASB77)
22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- There is a Price.
- The Price is Death, Spiritual death. The Bible tells us that all sin must be paid for.
Romans 6:23 (NASB77)
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- There is a Plan.
- God’s Plan to deal with all sin is called Redemption!
John 3:16 (NASB77)
16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- There is a Person.
- That Person’s name is Jesus. God sent His Son Jesus to die on the Cross to cover our sin! Jesus is the only way to true forgiveness!
John 14:6 (NASB77)
6 Jesus •said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.
- There is a Process.
- The Bible calls this Process Salvation. All people need Salvation! Salvation is where we recognize that we are sinners, ask God to forgive us and then turn to Jesus for Salvation!
Romans 10:8-10 (NASB77)
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;
10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
- There is a Place.
- The Place is Heaven is the eternal home for all who ask God to forgive them of their sin through Jesus Christ.
John 14:1-3 (NASB77)
1 " Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
If you believe you need Salvation simply ask God to help you. You can pray and ask Jesus to forgive you and help you.
Pray a prayer like this: Dear Jesus I realize I am a sinner in need of forgiveness. Please forgive me. I need You, Jesus, to help me. Please change me, Jesus. I turn away from my sin and I desire to follow You Jesus. Amen.
If you prayed that prayer and really meant it then God did indeed save you. It is important to take the next steps in your new Christian life. Look for a Bible teaching church near you. If you live close to Rutledge Georgia give us a call so we can help you. We hope you will seek God’s forgiveness and begin to follow Him.
Centennial Baptist Church
5321 Brownwood Road
Rutledge, Georgia 30663